Every single one of us has different “what ifs”, dreams, goals and hopes. Of course we do – things would be really boring otherwise! I love hearing about what other people want, wish for and desire. These discussions allow for a deeper conversation and understanding of one another. The outcome has always strengthened my feelings of compassion, love and empathy for others.
I have had MANY discussions with other people about their “what ifs” over the past few years. Sometimes people express that these dreams seem so unobtainable, unreachable and cause frustration – I understand. Truly I do. But is it the truth? Are our dreams, goals, hopes and “what ifs” destined to just be something that lingers as an unfulfilled wish? And are these “what ifs” really so different from one another? I do not think so. Truly I do not.
I compiled a list of 9 simple ways that any of us can start taking action towards living our own “what ifs”. RIGHT NOW. Let’s get at it:
- Change how you think – optimism creates “magic” in our lives. BELIEVE YOU CAN!
- Accept that you are worthy, deserving and awesome (right now). Tell yourself this daily – say it, hear it, know it and believe it!
- Take small steps. Keep moving forward with any positive action that you can with what you have, where you are and in your current situation.
- Keep dreaming, visualizing, journalling, trusting and believing. Every day, imagine and actually experience the “feelings” associated with your “what ifs”. Note: this practice may create a change of perspective and you just might realize you are living your “what if” right now. Hmmm, now that’s cool!
- Celebrate successes however small you may “think” they are. Any deliberate and focused action (or thought or belief) about making your “what ifs” a reality is something to celebrate!
- Be flexible. Allow for serendipities, changes, surprises (and remember…..there are no coincidences).
- Be patient but persistent. Live in the present moment with all of its opportunities and challenges, do your best and continue moving forward with focus and passion.
- Be grateful. There is always, always something to be grateful for. Gratitude creates “magic and happiness” in our lives. POSITIVELY!
- Be brave and confident. Do not let the “noise”, negativity, disapproval or “disregard” from others to defeat you. It may temporarily cause frustration, but bless those people, send them love and carry on.
Remember to be respectful, to encourage others and to encourage yourself. Appreciate that we are each on our own journey of wonder. When we take action to live our own “what ifs”, we may inspire someone else to do the same. When we take the time to find out what others dream of, wish for, and hope for, it becomes very clear that our “what ifs” are very similar and connect us more than we realize. Truly they do.
To love, happiness, freedom, health and peace. TRULY.