Do you ever meet someone and say to yourself……….I have nothing in common with this person. We are totally different. And you’ve no doubt heard that we should surround ourselves with like-minded people. I’m all for that concept and it’s helped me immensely in personal development. But I have also purposefully challenged myself to think about and notice what I have in common with others. It can be quite awesome to really think about some things we all share. Consider that you and the person crossing your path/sitting beside you/in line behind you, your co-worker, the stubborn teenager, the unmotivated employee, the grouchy person on the other end of the phone, the estranged person looking at you, the pessimistic friend, the withdrawn family member, etc:
- We have the same amount of time in a day
- We look at the same moon
- We need food, water, clothing and shelter
- We have felt joy, love, friendship, happiness, excitement, gratitude, experienced kindness, received a smile, breathed a sigh of relief…..at some point in our lives
- We have been afraid, felt alone, failed at something, been disappointed, hurt, frustrated, betrayed, sad…..at some point in our lives
- We can choose the words we say to ourselves and others
- We can choose how we treat ourselves and others
- We need to belong and to have someone who cares about us
- Right at this very moment, all of us are alive together on this wonderful & awesome planet of wonder!
- We can choose what we think about and focus on
- We can choose what we dream about
And……the same amazing sun shines on each and every one of us!
Please be kind and do some good,