Have any of you noticed how many people are struggling right now? Whether it’s dealing with challenges, obstacles, frustration, feeling stuck, financial hardship, anger, regret….you name it. I have noticed. I have faced a lot of these things too. You’ve no doubt heard the saying that when one of us hurts, we all hurt.
I’ve had to learn some hard lessons. I’ve written a lot about celebrating the contrast; we cannot appreciate light without darkness, joy without sorrow, success without failure. We cannot fix everything or everyone. At some point in our lives we all make poor choices and decisions and experience “shoulda/woulda/coulda” moments. We question some relationships and ponder over people’s behaviors. WHY? WHY? WHY!!!
We all have a lot in common don’t we? Once we engage in honest and authentic conversations with people, we realize how very much alike we are. We are definitely not alone and that it comforting. I have discovered some things (FREE things!) that have significantly helped me and continue to help me as I navigate along and make the best of my journey. Here is what I have learned:
- We can always learn and grow. We all stumble, we all fall. Never stop improving yourself. EVER.
- We have control over something powerful……our thoughts, our words, our actions and our reactions. Choose wisely and carefully.
- Everyone is doing the best they can with what they know and where they are. Think about that. We are all together in this journey, YES, but we are all unique. Do not judge. Respect one another.
- Optimism and gratitude are game-changers and create magic & miracles in transforming our lives.
- People are craving to be noticed. A smile, a gesture, a sincere “hello” can change someone’s day or future. Again, we cannot fix everything or everyone but we can influence hope and connection with kindness and compassion. Even to those who we may think deserve it the least. Again, refer to #3.
- People change, relationships change, it’s okay. Celebrate the good memories, learn from the not so good, bless everyone and carry on. Regret and resentment serves no one and takes up space in our heads. Put a reserved sign on that valuable parking spot for goodness and growth.
- Celebrate the contrast! Learn from mistakes and challenges, go forward the best you can through obstacles, grow, be better, be stronger.
- Trying new things adds major fun, whimsy and excitement to life. Take that class, join that group, volunteer for that organization who needs you, learn that instrument, dance in your kitchen, wave to random people, sing in the grocery store…..you get the picture!
- Keep dreaming BIG, keep believing BIGGER, and by all means take action (BIGGEST) or that dream forever stays in your head. Even if things do not go as planned, you tried and you will without a doubt……learn, grow and know!
Your journey. The story of YOU!
In celebration, joy and love,
PS – YOU are definitely not alone….